Our most valuable asset is the people we work with, and we are committed to providing opportunities for personal and professional growth to all of our employees. People who join BlackRock Construction do so because of the dynamic team environment, challenging projects, and supportive culture. We work hard, play hard, and develop leaders along the way.
BlackRock Construction is currently searching for a Development Analyst to add to our growing team. This position is not for everyone. Only those individuals who are learning-based and growth-minded, willing to face challenges head on, and comfortable with changing the way business is done in Vermont and beyond, need apply.
The Development Analyst will research projects and support the due diligence related to both real estate projects and companies, including but not limited to cash flow analysis utilizing historical data, pro-forma creation, and projections. The Development Analyst will also take initiative to find land and real estate projects that fit the requirements of the Development team.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual, who is learning-based, has a high level of accuracy, and has a passion for commercial and residential development.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BlackRock Construction is looking for exceptional Project Field Superintendents who are able to communicate and listen well and have well-developed interpersonal skills capable of working with diverse personalities. The Project Superintendent will coordinate all site construction activities and supervise all subcontractor field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
The Project Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Project Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote BlackRock Construction’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
– To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the general contract, each subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
– To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
– To assist the Project Manager in the development and refinement of the project schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedule properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
– To plan and review the construction program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staing areas, equipment and manpower.
– To coordinate, direct, monitor, and inspect the activities of the Subcontractors and Suppliers.
– To perform material take-offs, solicit vendor pricing, and order materials for the project.
– To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained and that all required safety notices are posted.
– To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
– To chair weekly coordination and safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof.
– To receive and review the Subcontractor’s Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
– To create, maintain, review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints.
– To provide assistance to the project manager, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the Owner.
– To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
– To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
– Review and cost code all charge slips to ensure all shipments are complete. Save slips for Project Manager.
– Ensure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a Comptroller to assist in recording of accounting transactions, managing of accounts payable and accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, construction insurance administration, financial reporting, forecasting financial performance of the company, establishing policies and procedures, and some payroll duties. There will be some general office management and administrative duties, as well.
The ideal candidate will take initiative and anticipate reoccurring work. Strong accounting skills, as well as the highest degree of organization and attention to detail are a must. If you are able to work effectively, and thrive, in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, communicate professionally, and work independently, we want to hear from you. QuickBooks and Sage 100 experience preferred. Job costing experience preferred. Experience working for a construction company preferred.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Hallie Warner at Hallie@AdamHergenrother.com. Please put BR Comptroller in the subject line.
We are hiring driven and focused leaders to join our team as Project Managers. BlackRock Construction employees put our clients first by providing exceptional value with each client interaction and by ensuring long-term relationships by developing trust and delivering quality products on time and on budget. Project Managers area of responsibilities will include project planning, cost management, time management, quality management, contract administration, safety management, relationship building, and team leadership.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish
- Optimizing resources
- Create teams, develop the objectives/goals for each and assign individual responsibilities
- Project accounting functions, including managing the budget, tracking team expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when the need arises
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project (e.g. architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, laborers)
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
- Periodic inspection of construction sites
- Ensure project documents are complete
- Identify the elements of the project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
- Serve as key link with the clients and review the deliverables prepared by the team before passing on to client
To apply, please email your resume to Hallie@AdamHergenrother.com. Please put BlackRock Project Manager in the subject line.
BlackRock Construction is taking applications for experienced and proactive estimators. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, thus ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. The successful estimator will follow-up with subcontractors and work closely with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
Ideal candidates will put providing value and building relationships first. Estimators will handle all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build long-term relationships. It is the goal of BlackRock Construction for all employees to operate as one team and to go the extra mile for each other and our clients.
If you are able to develop creative solutions to problems, are self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks, and have excellent follow-up, both internally and externally, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume to Hallie@AdamHergenrother.com. Please put BlackRock Estimator in the subject line.