Home Toolkit Must Haves
January 20, 2017News
Having the proper tools is key to being able to do simple home repairs and odd jobs yourself. The long and the short of it is there are simply some essential tools that every home just must have. Here is our list of the essentials …
- Drain Snake … this tool is IMPERATIVE. You can easily avoid a much larger plumbing bill if you simple DIY a clogged drain with this handy tool. 9 times out of 10 a backed up drain is a simple clog.
- A ladder. No you may not need an extension ladder for your simple home project needs but a simple step ladder is a must.
- A portable jump starter. This is an especially useful item to have at home if you life in the country. How many times have we all left the lights on and woken to a dead battery. Help yourself and keep one of these handy to easily get yourself on the road again.
- A snow shovel. Two words … Vermont winter.
- A X-ACTO knife kit. You will use this more than you would have imagined. Super Sharp and lightweight the X-ACTO is great for jobs from scraping tape or paint off a glass surface to getting the perfect cut from a roll of christmas wrap.
- Wire Cutters. Yup, you will use these! Great for their namesake cutting wire and other too tough for scissors items in the home.
- Duct Tape. This is literally the #1 most useful item to have at home.
- A portable compressor. Save your breath! This handy item will inflate all your inflatables from tires to air mattresses.
- A collection of bungee cords in various sizes and strengths.
- A hand truck. While this may not be an item you use every day it sure will make a whale of a difference when you need it.
And now for the basic, no surprise here list!
- A 50ft extension cord.
- A measuring tape.
- An adjustable wrench.
- A hammer.
- A box cutter.
- A shop vac or vacuum capable of taking care of wet spills.
- A plunger.
- Needle nose pliers.
- A tarp.
- A high powered flashlight.
- Glue. Super glue is nice … but try Bish’s Original tear Mender or Sticky Ass Glue instead.
- A glue gun.
- TWO screwdrivers … a flathead and phillips head are essential. And you must own both.
While not all of these tool items are what we would think of as conventional. They are all item you will find yourself saying “I wish I had …” on more than one occasion.
To learn more about BlackRock Construction, our team and what we can build for you contact 802.861.1120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.