Interior Design Trends for Commercial Builds
December 17, 2016News
The most important things to consider when designing a commercial interior is efficiency, being cost-effective and creating a unique and thoughtful space.
Follow these simple trends to achieve the most of your commercial project.
- Furniture Selection – Cost no longer drives this design element but rather functionality. Today’s trends reflect more and more ergonomic design, like adjustable arms on chairs and standing desks. Much like home design organic elements are making their way into furniture design and we are seeing lots of durable materials like woods, metals, and glass. Likely your clients will be looking for quality so why not offer it to them.
- Geometric Patterns – Large (or super-scale) design patterns using geometric patterns are showing on trend. This vision expresses personality and makes a memorable impression.
- Funky Combos – Designers are getting a little quirky with patterns and textures. Think mismatched tile or paint combinations and roll with this atheistic. This is a fun way to separate your space from the norm and stand out in the crowd.
- Deep Colors – Referencing back to organic and natural elements being the flavor of the year the trend in commercial interior color is deep, cooling, natural tones. Charcoal, gray, ivory, stone, and taupe are a few colors that come to mind. Often a simple deep color palette is accented by a splash of the unexpected, bright orange or vivid blue to make a statement.
- Open Floor Plans – The days of small isolated cubicles are behind us, today’s work space is light and friendly. Separate desks with low or transparent panels, or none at all. Keeping work space open promotes communication and the sharing of knowledge.
To learn more about BlackRock Construction, our team and what we can build for you contact 802.861.1120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Hergenrother Realty Commercial division contact Jay Mitiguy at 802.324.8500 or email@example.com.